Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Moon Halo

Two night's ago (last Sunday), I was very honored to witness such a rare sight after coming back from 'dipper' (dinner + supper). This was something I've seen only once in my lifetime, and to be able to see it again... simply breathtaking...

Align CenterMoon Halo
(Image taken from Wikipedia)

I'm still wondering why Jireh wasn't very excited about witnessing it. But I sure do know, just by looking at it, I just felt so happy and relieved. Managing the Track and Field on that day was physically and mentally exhausting enough. I was even called a 'racist' by this contestant under me. Just because I wanted to field a mixture of Asian and African members, you call me a 'racist'? Just because I said that the Africans have been dominating this event, which eventually will cause them to win EMERGE every year, that you call me a 'racist'? I'm still a bit shocked about his remark and how rude this person was. He even had the guts to tell me he purposely wanted to annoy Raymond (Cindy's BF, who was the PIC of the entire Track & Field) just because he was simply doing his job. What is this guy's problem??? At that point my blood really got boiled, yet I knew I had to control my composure. I have yet to talk to his cell leader about it though... *sighs*

Mr.H, why your member like that?

Nevertheless I did manage to grab 2nd place for the eating competition.. not bad at all, knowing that I'm still participating for the 'secret' competition..My stomach feels small.. but my appetite is still BIG. My gum's are still hurting because of it... But yeah... I guess at the end of the day, God just brings joy to a person in many ways, and I knew this one was very special indeed =)

Looking forward to witness such a rare sight in the future!

And yet again, I'm still wondering why Jireh wasn't excited at all about it!!! Was it because he was too exhausted to look up to the night sky? *clueless*

6 comments:

FBS Headmaster said...

its quite normal thou... the moon i mean, haha. i dunno about kl but here the sky looks so awesome during the night! i wish my normal digital cam could take the pic =(

dude -_- joining eating competition and the secret competition at the same time, didnt your coach tell you anything better? haha

love you man =)

kevrlee said...

of course the moon normal la. but it's a HALO wei! rare man! unless at Sabah it's pretty common...? my digicam couldnt take the actual photo tat night, but it was really really beautiful man... :)

about the eating competition,dont wry, got permission la basically. hahaha.. hey, 2 points for the cluster, not bad right?

Safiye said...

Hey, I'm in Miami and I just came across your blog 'cause I was trying to research what I saw last night here at about 10:30 pm and it was a Moon Halo! So cool. You could see faint colors around the moon like that of a rainbow. I thought it was amazing too. Never had seen that before!!!

kevrlee said...

Hi Safiye!!

yeah it was indeed such a spectacular sight! this was only my 2nd time witnessing, so I was really very happy about it =)

Goh Sixuan said...

God's beautiful creation :)

kevrlee said...

@sixuan YEAH!!