Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hypocrisy

Just wanna share something that I've pondered while I was doing my devotion with God a few days ago...

Well, I've never like hypocrisy... but these questions got me thinking..


How could I reach out for the lost and unsaved ones, if I don't even start reaching out first to my own family members and closest, dearest friends that are not saved yet?

How could I say "I love You with all my heart", if I don't even pray and seek You daily?

How could I say "You are LORD of my life", if I'm still being a slave to the worldly things?

How could I say "I give You my all", if I struggle just to pay my tithes and give you a proper offering?

How could I say "I want to know more about You", if I don't even read the Bible daily, studying Your Word, treating it as a necessity in my life?

How could I say "I trust You with all I am", if I still have doubts and fear of what You have said and promised?

How could I say that You are my best friend and Daddy, if I don't even share my deepest secrets, my sadness and anger, my joy and happiness with You?

How could I preach about Your message of LOVE, FAITH and HOPE if I myself am lacking in all these areas?

How could I heal the brokenhearted, if my heart itself is broken?

How could I proclaim liberty to the captives, if I myself am feeling oppressed at times?

How could I say "I worship You", when I worship others things in life?


Pretty interesting.. no?

No comments: