Friday, December 18, 2009

FGA Taiping's Youth Camp - Day 1

Had a great chat with Auntie Lai Ping (FGA Taiping's Youth Pastor's Wife) in the bus while on the way to Kampar from Taiping. Amazing how much I can draw from someone who is one of the pioneers for that church, and how I was to able hear lots and lots of life experiences, as well as insights and wisdom of how Christians, especially the youths, can do so much for God.

Asides that, I'm appointed to facilitate a group of 11 youths, all from different backgrounds , different races, different ages. We are in the team called "Grand POWER".. but I don't see the POWER yet..It's seriously a very tough group, and both me and the team leader are trying to get everyone to be bonded together at the moment. but I'm really praying hard that God will bring this group together, despite everyone's differences.

Playing in the worship team is honestly more than a privilege for me. It is a JOY itself to be playing the guitar, using the talents given to me by God for the glory of His name. Got to bang my head around (thanks to the new haircut..hehe), as well jump around with the guitar. Even the practices are fun, getting to know the band members even more, as well as joking around with them, playing funny varieties of chords and notes during our free time. We certainly have such great chemistry =)

But basically, the whole reason why I wanted to blog this post was because of what happened during the altar call. I teared on stage, looking at all the young campers, crying with all their hearts, humble and broken before the LORD. What a sight to behold indeed..about more than half of the campers raised up their hands to surrender their life to Jesus. From as young as 6 years old to 15 years old.. such a heart for God. I can't help but smile and tear at the same time, strumming chords for the song "Amazing Love".

Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?

Amazing love, I know it’s true
It’s my joy to honor You
In all I do, I honor You.


God is AWESOME, this I know.